We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing and ambitious team of legal practitioners, supporting them in developing new business opportunities as well as maintaining established relationships with clients and contacts.
- Complete conveyancing transactions and carry out all aspects of residential conveyancing with paralegal and trainee assistance.
- Set up and develop a specialist Purchase Unit
- Develop our brands and client base, as well as your own profile in the marketplace
- Assist with the development of our case management system and identifying new and emerging technology in the conveyancing space
- Experience in the Edinburgh residential property market and a passion for property.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic.
- An ability to work in busy transactional environment.
Ideally you will have at least 4 years PQE in residential conveyancing and a good working knowledge of LBTT legislation and requirements.
The ability to demonstrate a track record in business development and practice development would be helpful.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
- Moray@Moray – Cycle to Work scheme; cash discounts and savings
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter using the "Send your Application" form on the individual vacancy.