The Director of Estate Agency will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Moray Legal Estate Agency strategic operating plan across Scotland, for our Simpson & Marwick and Esson & Aberdein brands.
You will drive growth in income, profit and market share across our entire Scottish Estate Agency division and drive referrals to our Legal Services and Financial Services divisions.
The role will be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow, with some hybrid and flexible working, with the requirement to travel across all sites
- Driving growth in Listings and Market share through a culture of canvassing and prospecting
- Driving a partnership culture throughout the business and across the business units
- Maximising operational efficiency of our Estate Agency business unit
- To drive profitable growth and promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Build and develop a highly effective senior management team across Scotland who are responsible for managing and driving profitable growth at Branch Office level
- Ensuring that the agreed Moray Legal Estate Agency operating objectives and standards of performance are clearly defined and that they are not only understood but owned and delivered by the senior management team
- Defining and delivering minimum standards across our Scottish Estate Agency Network
- Ensures a high-performance culture and best in class ethos
- Leading and motivating the Scottish Estate Agency business at all times.
- Representing the Estate Agency business unit - you will be known as the face of the Moray Legal Estate Agency both internally and externally
- Regular monitoring of operating and financial results against plans and budgets, with an aim to improve and increase profitability
- Accountable for the legal and commercial compliance throughout the Estate Agency business unit
- Creating a universal knowledge and understanding and commitment to the adoption of HR process and best practice including recruitment & selection, training & development, activity and performance management and employee relations.
- Taking personal accountability for the retention of staff, intervening personally where appropriate to ensure no regretted leavers.
- Ensuring team engagement in marketing initiatives and campaigns and helping deliver a strategic marketing plan
- Effectively, contributing to, communicating and driving change and gaining buy in at the earliest opportunity
- Understanding and predicting market trends in the Scottish Property Market
- Moving the business forward on an ongoing basis through innovation and identifying and implementing initiatives to improve our estate agency offering for the longer term
- Creating a sense of shared vision and excitement for change across our Estate Agency brands and geographic locations
- Creating a collaborative culture across the business, driving referrals in and out of the Estate Agency Team
- Working with the Moray Legal Board, key decision makers and influencers within the wider business to build 'coalitions' for mutual benefit
- Acting as a long term mentor and coach for the senior estate agency management team and ensuring a sense of professional pride that inspires others to do their best
- A deep understanding of the Scottish Property Market and a passion for property
- A successful proven history in leadership and management of large geographically spread Estate Agency teams
- Analytical skills that evidence ability to process large volumes of data and produce reports based on analysis
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
- Moray@Moray – Cycle to Work scheme; cash discounts and savings
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter using the "Send your Application" form on the individual vacancy.