We have a great opportunity for a Junior Software Developer. This new role requires involvement in all aspects of software development and user support. We are looking to recruit someone with the transferrable skills who can quickly add value to the Software Team who are responsible for developing Visualfiles.
You will assist individuals, groups and senior staff in decision making, project planning and task estimations. Dealing with day-to-day operational problems that occur and deliver quality code on time you will enjoy a variety of different work and will be comfortable delivering reports, websites, software solutions and supporting users.
You will be a key figure in the backbone of the company and supporting our mantra of technology disruption in the Legal sector. This position may be based in one of our hub offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen.
- Manage work, including: software design/prototyping, testing, estimations and task allocation, implementation, documentation and delivery.
- Work as individually and as part of a team on development projects, and ensure that the final solution meets the agreed requirements, quality, deadlines and definition of done.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritise business needs, task plans.
- Participate in product demos and team meetings, proactively participate in improving the development process and themselves.
- Providing product support & assistance investigating internal and external customer raised issues.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong desire to seek out the latest technologies and keep up-to-date.
- Experience of a least one modern programming language (Java, C#)
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Integration development
- Microsoft SQL and Reporting
- Experience of delivering highly scalable, performing, distributed software solutions.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
- Moray@Moray – Cycle to Work scheme; cash discounts and savings
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter using the "Send your Application" form on the individual vacancy.