We have an extremely exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Cashier based in our Glasgow offices. This is a permanent fulltime position with the opportunity for the right candidate to develop their existing skill set and experience in a dynamic, busy environment.
- Processing high volume CHAPS payments in line with company procedures.
- Banking client and office accounts.
- Processing invoices received to matter ledgers.
- Processing remittance advices for all supplier payments.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly billing in line with client requirements.
- Ensuring decisions on receipts and payments are in line with the Law Society, the firm, and client’s requirements.
- Liaising with fee earners and suppliers, maintaining a good working relationship inside and outside of the firm.
- Assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Providing timely information to other members of the Accounts team and the wider firm.
- Understanding and adhering to the Law Society of Scotland accounts rules.
- Previous legal accounts experience minimum of 2 years.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently to deadlines.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
- More@Moray – Cycle to Work scheme, cash savings and discounts
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter using the "Send your Application" form on the individual vacancy.