We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager (Legal and Property), based in Edinburgh, to work with the Moray Group COO to help run and manage a fast-paced, rapidly growing legal and property business.
This is a key role in our growing and developing organisation and has been created to lead, coordinate and manage teams who provide operational support in various locations; to provide management support to the COO and to support the delivery of key projects for the business.
- Provides operational oversight and ensure key performance metrics are met.
- Drives overall business performance and promotes a high-performance culture.
- Commercially focused with the ability to identify and maximise operational efficiency
- Ensures timely creation and distribution of quality management information.
- Assist with creation of processes, procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Drives improvements to processes and procedures in order to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Works with business unit heads, to identify and respond to their business support requirements.
- Manages suppliers; monitor and negotiate contracts and service level agreements and report on performance of 3rd parties.
- Ensures the appropriate quality assurance monitoring processes are in place and are met.
- Oversees the coordination of the workflow and activities of the support teams that provide support and services to client-facing business units.
- Ensures that support teams have sufficient resources and capability to provide support to all business locations. This includes identifying headcount requirements, hiring, identifying training needs and arranging for the provision of relevant training for team members.
- Helps build, manage and deliver key strategic, business systems, workflows and technology products.
- Provides continuity for the COO whilst they focus on strategic and management tasks and objectives.
- Demonstrable management or supervisory experience in a customer services or professional services environment.
- IT literate - advanced in the use of Excel and Power BI for production of MI. Previous experiencing managing and building case management system.
- Experience of working and managing teams across a number of sites.
- Commercial awareness to deliver effective support services to a variety for frontline fee earning teams.
- A background in banking, finance or professional services would be preferred.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.