This is an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Private Client Team. You will be reporting to the Director of Private Client based in Glasgow, supporting them and contributing to multi-disciplinary teams across Scotland.
- Assist with preparing Wills and Powers of Attorneys, setting up and administering Trusts, administering Estates and acting as Executor/supporting Executors.
- You will also work with our financial planning and tax colleagues in order to provide joined-up estate planning and inheritance tax planning advice to clients.
- Work autonomously and as part of a team providing support in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Identify and manage risk effectively. This includes (but not restricted to) Anti-Money Laundering, Source of Funds, and Source of Wealth requirements.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Private Client work, and experience of dealing with High Net Worth individuals.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a confident manner in engaging with clients and team members.
- Strong organisational skills, with have good technical knowledge and attention to detail.
- Some experience of using new and emerging technology in the delivery of legal services.
We will give preference to candidates holding the Law Society Accredited Paralegal Qualification.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms. Our Scottish brands also include Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein, Eastons Solicitors and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
This role can offer homeworking in line with our hybrid and flexible working policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.