We have opportunities within our growing Remortgage Department based in Glasgow. This team carries out all conveyancing aspects in connection with Remortgage transactions.
Our Remortgage work is undertaken under our Simpson & Marwick brand and is carried out by a large team of property lawyers and paralegals who are based in our Glasgow office. Our team is busy and fast growing, dealing with large volumes of instructions but supported by excellent legal technology and administrative support teams.
The Remortgage Caseworker role is our pathway to becoming a Conveyancing Paralegal and possibly becoming a Specialist Accredited Paralegal for the best candidates. This is an office based role.
- Obtain and interpret instructions from lender clients and customers
- Examine and extract relevant title information from Search Reports in order to prepare Standard Security and Discharge documentation
- Identify any title defect and highlight any potential risk to lender clients
- Examine and process completed deeds/documentation ensuring they comply with legal requirements and that all relevant information has been provided
- Liaise with lender clients in relation to obtaining Redemption Statements and Title Deeds
- Examine lease documentation and ensuring they comply with current legislation
- Process mortgage offers – having the ability to identify any special conditions
- Examine Redemption Statements and identify any penalties
- Calculate figures for completion and request loan funds from lenders
- Process finance documentation to redeem existing the lender’s security and distribute any remaining funds
- Submit Standard Security/Discharge documentation for registration following completion
- You should have Maths and English at a Higher/Nat 5 Level
- Experience of working with a case management system
- Be interested in IT and have a good knowledge of Microsoft products
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills and be able to use your own initiative to meet strict deadlines
- Used to working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you have recently completed a relevant Modern Apprenticeship or are working in a Customer Service role or in and administrative role that are looking for career progression would be well suited to the position.
- 34 days holidays
- We Care 24/7 digital GP and counselling service
- Death in service benefit 3x annual salary
- Group pension scheme
- Referral programme
- More@Moray – Cycle to Work Scheme, cash discounts and savings
Moray Group is part of Progeny, one of the fastest growing and innovative providers of professional advice and services in the world, with offices across the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Progeny is a unique framework of coordinated advice and insight across independent financial planning, investment management, tax services, HR services, real estate, and legal counsel.
Moray Group have offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow and our brands include Simpson & Marwick, one of Scotland’s longest standing and most trusted law firms, and the more recently established Esson and Aberdein.
Our Scottish brands include Simpson & Marwick, Alston Law, Esson & Aberdein and Progeny’s own brand will launch soon for private legal services.
Progeny and Moray Group are proud supporters of Dreams Come True, Leuchie House and Martins’ House charities. Progeny are signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and the Mindful Employer Charter and are working towards B-Corp accreditation.
As a business, we are highly agile and have been able to adapt to change and unique challenges very quickly. We will not be returning to how things used to be, as we always look for ways to think innovatively and utilise the best technologies to move our business forward.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities for all and will treat all job applicants fairly at each stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We strive to attract diverse talent and create a work environment where all individuals are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and resources. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas and therefore have adopted skills-based hiring practices.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our fast-paced and entrepreneurial team send your CV and covering letter using the form on our Join Us page.